- About NCAS & UCN
- Information For...
- Events & News
- Support NCAS & UCN
- Contact Us
The history faculty at Rutgers University-Newark and NJIT are joined in a single federated department that offers an integrated curriculum and joint undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Federated Department of History offers its students a wide range of excellent resources for the study of history, including:
* an outstanding faculty with nationally and internationally known scholars and teachers
* a broad selection of undergraduate and graduate course offerings, with extensive coverage of major historical periods and regions, from the ancient Middle East to contemporary America, Africa, and China, and a unique undergraduate and graduate program in the history of Technology, Environment and Health/Medicine
* opportunities for original research and writing, with particular emphasis upon the craft of historical writing
* internships with the New Jersey Historical Society, the Newark Museum, and other local cultural institutions
* eligibility to participate in teacher certification programs offered by the Education Department at Rutgers University, Newark
* opportunities to share in the resources and facilities of both institutions, including the extensive library holdings of the Rutgers University system